Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tostada pizza

We had fallen into a pizza rut.  We were doing the same thing every time.  I was wanting something different and I remembered something I had tried as a teenager.  The local take-n-bake place had a tostada pizza and it was great.  Since I had everything on hand, I went to work trying to recreate it.  Everyone raved about the result and begged me to make it again!

Tostada Pizza
Prepare your favorite pizza crust.  Here's the link to my favorite.

Sauce:
1 can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
Combine and spread over the crust.

Topping:
sliced black olives
sliced peppers
hamburger
onion
mozzarella cheese
sharp cheddar cheese
tomatoes/ pico de gallo
Start with a thin layer of both cheeses.  Then add the other topping to suit your personal taste.  Finish with another thin layer of both cheeses.  I didn't add the tomatoes since most of my family would revolt!  Some of us added pico de gallo to the pizza after baking.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment