Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lalaloopsy cake!

My daughter was going to have her birthday while we were at grandma's house for Easter.  I wanted to still make a fun cake for her but it was going be a little more challenging because I wouldn't be in my own kitchen.  
I looked around Pinterest and found my inspiration.


I made this cake for my daughter, its 10" round and 7" round cakes covered in fondant.  bottom tier has "quilted" pattern, and colorful buttons I made out of fondant.  top tier has patches and frosting "stiching".  I really didn't care for the top tier, I would definitely change the design next time.  I used toys on this cake because my daughter really wanted the minis, and since I also did my son's cake, it was much easier and faster


I made a batch of fondant and planned to cut out buttons, table and chairs later.  I was short on time and so I made lots of mistakes but in the end, it turned out because the little girls loved it!


1 comment:

  1. This cake was even cuter in person than in pictures!!! It was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete