Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Glow in the dark bubbles

Okay, it is finally time to branch out of the kitchen.  A couple of months ago I had wanted to try the glow in the dark bubbles on our Girl Scout campout.  But I had read mostly failures.  So I finally decided to try it on our vacation.  
What I had read said to activate the glowstick and then pour it into the bubbles.  I just had the cheap bubbles from Walmart.  It was difficult to cut open the glowstick without making a mess.  I resorted to using a pocket knife because the scissors were hard to control and were taking a long time.  Once I poured the glowing liquid in, we shook it up to mix it.  We found that it didn't mix in at all.  So the bottom of the bubble container glowed.
I give this idea an F.  I had also tried glow in the dark paint as well and it failed too.  So my advice is save your money for another project.

At least the s'mores were a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment