Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tired of deodorant stains?

I hope I'm not the only one that finds all my camis end up with deodorant stains.  I thought I was just destined to wear them for a while and toss them when they got gross.  But I found an idea on Pinterest, tells you how to get rid of them.  So I gave it a try.  It didn't completely remove the stains but it did greatly improve them.  These camis are pretty worn out.  I will start treating them earlier and I'm sure they'll look great a lot longer.

This is the link I found:  One Good Thing by Jillee
She has great before and after shots.  I loved seeing all the foaming, it looked like it was really doing something.  One tip:  Only mix what you'll use immediately, it won't keep for later.

Spot Remover
1 part blue Dawn
2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide
Mix together and apply liberally to the stain.  Launder as usual.

1 comment:

  1. No, you're not alone. I get terrible deodorant stains in my shirts too. I may have to try this, although I'm not sure if the Dawn would be a good idea in my front loader. OxyClean works pretty well, but only with LOTS of scrubbing.

    ReplyDelete