Thursday, November 1, 2012

Candy Corn Sugar Cookies.

Halloween caught me by surprise this year.  I was really busy and focused on my first half marathon.  I found a few minutes one day to make a Halloween treat, Candy corn cookies.  They were really easy and fun to bake.  The kids loved helping me and making them disappear.  We nicknamed them "Baby Crack", since the baby was addicted!  She would just fall apart if we wouldn't give her another and she ate 10 or more.

It is still fall and in my book it is not too late for candy corn!  Check out this tutorial from Kathie Cooks:Candy Corn Sugar Cookies.  She has great pictures of the steps.  I used my own sugar cookie recipe and it worked great.  My family got this recipe from a dear neighbor, Mary Temple.  She was so sweet and we loved her.

Mary's Sugar Cookies
 (Makes 3 dozen cookies)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional but recommended)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 1/2 cups flour

Cream the sugar and butter together.  Mix the rest of the ingredients in order, incorporating after each addition.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.  Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut your desired shapes.  Bake at 375 for 5 minutes or edges are just starting to brown.






No comments:

Post a Comment