Saturday, November 10, 2012

I've been distracted!

Several months ago my friends started talking about running a half marathon in Oregon.  I had be working hard to improve my health and felt like it was a great goal for me.  Besides it was a bucket list item and I would love a weekend with my girlfriends.  
I started working towards my goal and it was slow going.  I panicked when I realized it was coming really fast and I began to question if I would be able to do it.  Thankfully, my friends stepped up and got me to make a plan.  Most of October was dedicated to running, a lot!  But it paid off.  By race time, I was confident my body was ready and I had finally lost 30 pounds since February.  

I was still smiling at the finish line because I did it!  I have a hard time describing the relief and joy of crossing the finish line and the cheers just for me.  I wished my husband was there to share that moment with me.  The family sacrificed a lot to enable to reach my goal.
The next day I wondered why I waited so long to try it.  My body is not as strong as it used to be but I proved that I can still do whatever I put my mind to, even if I'm the turtle!

No comments:

Post a Comment