Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Baby bow tie

My sister searched everywhere for a bow tie for her baby to wear in an upcoming wedding.  So she asked me if I would make one.  I only had one boy and he's about to turn 16, I was excited do a project for a little boy!  I checked out several tutorials and most closely followed this one.  I wasn't happy with the attachment methods I saw and got creative.  

I wanted something comfortable for the baby and easy to put on or off for the adult wrestling the little one.  My answer was to use the 1 inch wide elastic used for headbands.  It has just enough stretch and soft.  Next I found a swimsuit clasps for the closures, again hoping it would be easy to dress wiggly baby.  To attach the tie, I just carefully hot glued it on.  
I can't wait to see this on my sweet nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment