Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Green Chili Chicken Pasta

Everyone at my house was getting bored with my dinners and I wanted some inspiration.  So I started perusing my pins for something new to try. This one caught my eye and was different.  I always think pasta has to be Italian but why not Mexican? The genius behind this one is Joyful Momma.  I made some changes to her recipe to better suit my family's taste and what I had on hand. So feel free to make it her way or try some idea you have!

This recipe is basic and easy to adjust without risking a flop meal.  First, here is the original recipe.  My family likes a little kick, so I added some cumin and chili powder.  Also I changed the sauce to use my Cream of Chicken soup mix instead of the roux.  This recipe would be great for using up grilled chicken, it would add great flavor.  Also, I even skipped the baking step to save time and it turned out great, just heat it through.  So here's my twist:

Green Chili Chicken Pasta
1 box penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup or equivalent mix
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp. cumin, adjust to taste if desired
1 tsp. chili powder, adjust to taste if desired
4 oz. can diced green chilies
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese.
Grease a 9 x 13 pan. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Layer cooked pasta and chicken.  Combine the cream of chicken soup, greek yogurt, cumin, chili powder and green chilies in medium bowl. Pour over the pasta and chicken.  Top with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the top is bubbly.


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious - I'm going to try it this week! Do you think Brent and Brent will like it?

    ReplyDelete