Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cleaning your Pack'n'Play

We were so excited to have family coming to visit us, especially my little nephew!  I was busy getting the house ready for company and remembered that I wanted to try cleaning my pack'n'play.  I didn't recall it looking dirty but when I pulled it out I realized it really needed to be done.  The wee one deserved a clean bed too.

I went to my pin for instructions.  The Thrifty Mom posted a youtube video and had great results.  Her playpen was really gross and had tried other methods unsuccessfully.  Soaking finally worked and I'm happy with my results too.  I didn't use the detergent she suggested, but I just used 1 tablespoon of my homemade laundry soap.  After soaking as instructed, I tried to get all the water off that I possibly could.  I set it outside standing on the side to dry in the sun.  After a little while I squeezed more water out and then more time in the sun.  My boards in the mattress to did warp a little, but I'm still glad it did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment