Sunday, January 13, 2013

Little boys!!!

I love being an auntie!  This spring will bring me two more nephews, so excited!  Since my own son has long out grown these fun ideas, I need cute little boys to make them for.  Thank you Brie and Annika for giving me opportunities to have some creative fun.
I had seen these in stores and didn't want to spend a ton of money.  I found the pattern and tutorial here.  It was very clear and easy to follow.

My sister decided to decorate in a monster theme for her little one.  I found lots of great ideas, I was inspired by this Halloween post.  She was keeping the baby's name a secret until Christmas but I convinced her to tell me the first initial.  

I wanted to find a plain colored t-shirt but I was short on time and couldn't find what I was looking for.  I happened to find a sweatshirt that fit the bill.  I was really pleased how they turned out.  I can't wait to see pictures.

I did a couple of versions, that way he can have something fun to wear for a while.  One tip to share, don't use hot glue.  My machine was not happy when it got gummed up from the glue.  I was trying to find quick way to stick the layers together, there were several.  I wanted to do a quick overstitch to give it a finished look.  But the needle started skipping stitches once it went through a spot of glue.  I'm hoping to try another slower type of glue or be more careful where I use the hot glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment