Thursday, January 31, 2013

Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls

This is a first for me, my college roommate, Anna requested I try this one.  Not wanting to disappoint, I made them for Sunday dinner.  My family was excited because they love going to Texas Roadhouse and eating the scrumptious rolls.  To be honest, that is a rare occasion.  The kids earn free kid's meal at school, so we save up and enjoy the opportunity to celebrate their successes.
Here goes Anna!  These were yummy rolls and relatively easy to make.  The recipe shows two different recipes for the cinnamon butter and we definitely had a preference.  I made some adjustments and it still worked.  I think next time I'll 1/2 whole wheat.  My daughter begged me not to do it this time, I figured I wouldn't try too many changes first try.

Texas Road House Rolls (adapted from Monica at A Godly Heritage)
  • 3 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1 c. milk + 1/4 c. water, warmed
  • 1 large egg slightly beaten
  • 6 tbsp. butter + 2 T butter, melted
Place 2 cups flour , yeast, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.  In a large glass measuring cup, combine water, milk, and egg.  Pour milk mixture into the well. Mix by hand, frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
Add 6 tbsp.  melted butter and stir into the dough.  Add remaining flour, 1/3 cup at a time, and stir after each addition.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm place such as an oven .  Allow dough to rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.  Spray a cookie sheet and your hands with cooking spray.  Divide the dough into 16 rolls.  Shape and arrange on the pan.  You may need to respray your hands.
 Brush rolls with  1 T. of melted butter.  Let rise for another 30 minutes in a warm place until doubled.  Bake rolls on middle rack for 16-18 minutes at 400 degrees. After removing rolls, brush top with remaining melted butter.( I didn't add the extra butter but it was because I forgot in the rush to feed the starving kids.)
Cinnamon Butter
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 c confectioner sugar
Stir together in a small bowl.  Serve with warm rolls.



No comments:

Post a Comment