Monday, January 14, 2013

Marble mazes

This is one of the projects I did for the baby showers over Christmas.  My brother had told everyone that his second baby's gender was a surprise.  So what do you do for a shower gift?  My idea was to make a big sister or mommy sanity kit.  I made a little bag to hold everything and began to fill it with activities for the big sister.  
I found this fun, simple idea here.  Serving Pink Lemonade has lots of great ideas, especially for kids.  I love that it is simple and compact.  I just found scrap fabric and cut it to my desired size.  Sew(with right sides together)around the edges, leaving a 2 inch space.  Turn it right side out, insert a marble and sew up the space.  Then stitch a maze leaving a path large enough for the marble to pass through.  Use your imagination.  If the kids get bored, unpick it and stitch a new maze.  This is really fast and so easy.

P.S.  My brother spilled the beans once everyone was together.  Now I get to make more cute little boy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment